Tuesday 17 February 2015

Happy Pancake Day! :)

Hey Guys,

As you all may have notice I am a serious food lover! I LOVE to eat and I LOVE to cook, I find both Theraputic lol.

Maybe one day once I've peaked in my fashion career I'll invest in a restaurant who knows.

So I don't normally blog about food but today for some reason I had an epiphany, "I might as well blog about all the things I love" I mean it is a lifestyle blog I guess and this is part of my lifestyle so here goes :)

It's Pancake dayyy! This morning I woke up at 9am on my day off to make pancakes, I'm someone that loves to experiment so I decided to make Cinnamon and Vanilla pancakes with a side of smoked bacon.. Sounds amazing right? Well it was! Lol

Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs (beaten)
  • 2 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
  • 1 ¼ cups milk
  • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
  •  butter for frying
  • • 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
    • 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon

    Method:

    I decided to be lazy and blend everything so I measured all the right ingredients and popped it all in the blender:



    Once you've blended everything you should have a smooth & thick mixture:

     

    Now heat up the frying pan, don't have the fire to high otherwise you'll burn the pancakes and we don't want that now do we lol.

    Get a tiny bit of butter and add it to the frying pan. Once it's melted pour a small amount of mixture into the pan, leave it to cook for about 1-2mins and then turn it over, how I usually do it, when I see the pancakes forming lil blisters I know it's ready to turn over: 

    Now if you want to add a bit more flavour to spice your pancakes up you can add cinnamon and vanilla to the mixture:


    I did and they tasted great! I also added a side of bacon as they go down so well with pancakes. So there we have it Cinnamon and Vanilla Pancakes garnished with melted butter & Golden Syrup:


    I hope you like my recipe, enjoy! :)







    No comments:

    Post a Comment